What’s New in the Latest Version of Sage 100?
Sage 100 2023 is now available. Here is a look at what is new in the latest release.
Watch this 11:30 min video on What’s New in Sage 100 2023 Release
Sage 100 Desktop Updates
A variety of enhancements are incorporated into the Sage 100 desktop in 2023 including:
- Recent Tab – This new tab shows tasks that have been accessed recently so you have a quick way to get back to the tasks you used frequently and often.
- Persistent Active Tab – The last tab you accessed on the ribbon now persists after exiting Sage 100 and will now be the active tab the next time you log in.
- More Helpful Tooltips – Enhanced tooltips now show where tasks are located so when hovering you can easily see where the task is accessed from.
The following changes are carried throughout multiple modules.
- Installation Simplification – In version 2023, Sage 100 has been consolidated into a single product with three installation approaches.
- Select Serial Numbers by Range – A ‘Select Serial Numbers by Range’ button has been added in Lot/Serial Number Distribution.
- Default Years to Retain History – In module options tasks in which you can specify how many years to save history, the default setting is now nine years.
- Activity Log Updates – When the Accounts Payable Remove Inactive Vendors utility and the Accounts Receivable Remove Inactive Customers utility are run, the Activity Log is updated with a list of inactive vendors and customers removed.
- Image Viewer – The Image Viewer in Item Management and Miscellaneous Item Maintenance has been updated so that you can delete an image when you have the appropriate security set up.
- iShip Replacement – In data entry tasks, when you click the Tracking button, the tracking ID will now be used to determine which carrier the package belongs to and you will be redirected to the appropriate site.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020 – SAP Crystal Reports has been updated to version 2020.
Masked Data for Better Security
The 1099 Vendor Taxpayer ID/Social Security Number is now masked in data entry tasks and will also print masked on the Vendor Listing, Vendor Listing with Balances, and Vendor Mailing Labels.
In addition, vendor ACH bank account and routing numbers are now masked in data entry tasks and will also print masked on the Vendor Listing. The routing transit numbers are also masked in ACH Maintenance. In both cases, only Sage 100 users with the appropriate security access can view this sensitive information and access the options to print unmasked data.
Inventory Management Enhancements
In the Inventory Management module, a new ‘Display Quantities for Inactive Warehouses‘ check box has been added that allows you to hide inactive warehouses. In addition, a new checkbox to ‘Show/Hide Zero Quantities for Lot/Serial Items’ has been added, allowing to initially display lot/serial items with zero quantities on the Cost Detail tab in Item Maintenance and Item Inquiry. Both of these new options are available on the Additional tab in Inventory Management Options.
Inventory Requirements Planning
Inventory Requirements Planning Inquiry
- Added ability to drill-down to Work Ticket History Inquiry
- Projected Demands Report
- New option to select the Fiscal/Calendar Year
- Consolidate Customer checkbox
- Inventory Requirements Planning Report (previously MRP Report)
- Added ability to print by Vendor Number
- Work Ticket and Sales Order Demand (previously MRP by Job Report)
- Action by Vendor Report
- Added ability to select by warehouse code and print on report
Inventory Requirements Planning Option
- Pull in Work Ticket
- Pull out Work Ticket
- Round Integer Unit of Measure
- Include Phantom Bills
- Base Effective Date on Release Date of Demand
- Calculate Build Time for Make Items Using
Maintain Projected Demands
- If IRP Generation is in progress, a warning message will display
Schedule IRP Generation in Task Scheduler
- Inventory Requirements Planning can be scheduled as a report type task
New Options added for IRP Generation
- Effective Date
- Include Sales Quotes
- Explode Make Action
- Create Work Ticket with Materias Form
- Default Lead Time (Days)
- Default Build Time (Days)
- Advanced Arrival Allowance (Days)
Items to Produce/Items to Purchase
- Items with Pending Action
New Columns in Item Detail dialogue
- Action Date
- New Req Date
- Bill Component source
The following changes were made in the Production Management module.
- Payroll check register will use G/L Account of department entered if different from employee’s assigned department
View Lot/Serial History in the following locations
- Work Ticket History Inquiry on Materials tab and Inquiry tab for Materials and Completions
- Work Ticket Entry on Inquiry tab for Materials and Completions
- Enhanced Scheduling features have been added throughout the Production Management module to provide you with more flexibility and functionality.
Production Management Options Schedule Tab
In Production Management Options, a Schedule tab has been added with the following new options:
- Select the Enable Enhanced Scheduling check box to use the forward or backward scheduling method to schedule work tickets. Enhanced scheduling is the functionality
that was in the Work Order module.
If you prefer to use basic scheduling, clear the Enable Enhanced Scheduling check
box. Basic scheduling is the functionality that was in previous releases of Production
- The Maximum Number of Months to Schedule field has been added.
- You can define default work center closures that will be used for all work centers.
Activity Code Maintenance
The following enhanced scheduling fields have been added in Activity Code Maintenance:
- Calculation Method
- Ignore Queue Time
Work Ticket Template Maintenance
The following enhanced scheduling fields have been added in Work Ticket Template Maintenance:
- Calculation Method
- Hours Per Activity / Activities per Hour / Number of Hours
- Overlap Percent
- Ignore Queue Time
Work Center Maintenance
The following changes have been made in Work Center Maintenance:
- Enhanced scheduling fields have been added: Queue Time (Hours), Efficiency Percent, Number of Workers or Machines, and Minimum Scheduling Time Period (Minutes)
- You can set up the number of hours a work center is available for operation each day of the week at the Available Hours fields.
- Closures for specific work centers can be set up.
- Click Copy From to copy information from an existing work center when creating a new one.
- Click Apply to copy available hours and closures from an existing work center to one or more other work centers.
- The Memo button is available to view, create, and maintain memos.
Work Ticket Entry
In Work Ticket Entry, the following changes have been made for enhanced scheduling:
- On the Schedule tab, the Schedule button has been added to access the new Schedule Work Ticket window.
- In the Schedule Work Ticket window, you can select the forward or backward scheduling method to determine when each step of a work ticket is started and how long each step takes to complete.
- Use forward scheduling to enter the start date of a work ticket, and the scheduling process will calculate the due date for the work ticket.
- Use backward scheduling to enter the due date for a work ticket, and the scheduling process will calculate when the work ticket will be released to the work center, in order for the work ticket to be completed on time.
- On the Schedule tab, the Manually Schedule check box has been added to give you the option to manually enter the production start date and production due date on the Schedule tab and the Steps tab.
- On the Steps tab, the following fields have been added to the secondary grid: Ignore Q Time, Overlap Percent, Prod Queue Date, Sched Method, Scheduling Hrs, Scaling Method, Scaling Factor, and Extended Time.
Relieve WIP Based on Percent Complete option added to Work Ticket Entry and Work Ticket Class Maintenance
- If selected, the Work Ticket Transaction Register/Update will use the prorated cost for WIP on partial completions
- If cleared, the Work Ticket Transaction Register/Update will use the total cost for WIP on partial completions
Create W/T with Materials From option
- Allows you to create a work ticket using the materials from the bill, work ticket template, both the bill and template, or you can select to be prompted in Work Ticket Entry
Work Ticket History Inquiry
- You can now view detailed step information on the Work Ticket History Inquiry Schedule tab by selecting a step in the list box and clicking the Additional Information button.
Work Center Capacity Inquiry
- Work Center Capacity Inquiry has been added to the Inquiries menu. Use this task to review commitments against work centers in three formats: daily, weekly, and detail.
Scheduled Capacity Report
- Scheduled Capacity Report has been added to the Reports menu. Use this report to print commitments against work centers in three formats: daily, weekly, and detail.
Features No Longer Subscription Only
The following features were initially available only if you purchased Sage 100 through a subscription plan. They are now available to all users, regardless of whether Sage 100 was purchased as a subscription or perpetual license.
- Journal and Register Viewer – Access to the Paperless Office Journal and Register Viewer is available from various locations.
- Task Scheduler – You can email reports printed from a Task Scheduler job.
- Data File Display and Maintenance Enhancements – You can now select a subset of fields from the table to be displayed. When selected, you can define filters and apply them to one or more of the fields to limit the rows displayed in the Key Scan screen. The status text on the Key Scan screen will indicate when a filter is active.
- Map Service – An option has been added on the Preferences tab in User Maintenance allowing you to select which map service to use when clicking the Map button in Sage 100 tasks. Use Google Maps, Bing Maps, or MapQuest.
If you have any questions please contact our Sage 100 support team at 260.423.2414.
Register for our Sage 100 newsletter today!
©2023 Juice Marketing, LLC. All rights reserved. This article content may not be reproduced (in whole or in part), displayed, modified, or distributed without express permission from the copyright holder. For permission, contact http://www.juice-marketing.com.