Following the release of BusinessWorks v2013, Sage began including new features within its software updates rather than in an annual upgrade.
For many years, Sage released BusinessWorks software upgrades on an annual basis. Users were filled with excitement each fall as they took advantage of the new features and functionality within the latest version.
Following the release of version 2013, Sage began making new features available within its regularly released service packs. This change was made to provide software users with enhancements as they are available rather than just once a year through a software upgrade.
If you are not updating your software each time a service pack is released, you are missing out on new features and functionality.
New Features Included in BusinessWorks 2013 Service Pack 3
- A checkbox was added to the Create Direct Deposit dialog. This checkbox will control when an unbalanced file will be generated.
- The ability to import Deductions and Other Pays has been added to both Import Employee Timecards and BWAccess.
- Payroll Task ‘Transmit Direct Deposit’ has been renamed to ‘Create Direct Deposit File’
- Performance has been improved in the Payroll Deduction Report and Payroll Register when the company has multiple deduction and pay information.
- When customers have Open credits or deposits, a dialog message will appear advising them of this when accessing the summary page of an AR/OE invoice or OE sales order for the first time.
- Added the ability to quickly add new warehouses to multiple parts using the Global Part Change option.
- Performance has been improved on Part Inquiry transaction lookups and reports.
Sage BusinessWorks updates are available for BusinessWorks users with an active BusinessCare plan. They can be accessed through the new Sage Support site https://support.sage.na.com.