Wow, where has this year gone? Many companies are starting to plan for year-end already.
Now is the time to make sure you have everything prepared for the new year. We’d like to provide you with a variety of BusinessWorks processing resources to help you experience a smooth year-end.
BusinessWorks Year-End Tips Guide
In this BusinessWorks Year-End Tip Guide, you will find information that is packed with helpful year-end processing tips.
BusinessWorks Year-End Assistance Center
The BusinessWorks Year-end Assistance Center which is located on Sage City is also filled with helpful year-end processing tips including:
- How to complete payroll year-end processing
- How to process vendor 1099 and 1096 annual summary forms
- W-2 reporting and other W-2 related questions
- How to create a copy/archive a company before closing the year
- Affordable Care Act resources
BusinessWorks Payroll Year-End Tutorials
Sage Software is offering FREE BusinessWorks Payroll Year-End Tutorial videos including:
- How to install Enhanced Tax Reporting
- Processing and Correcting W-2 Forms in Enhanced Tax Reporting
- Processing Third Party Sick Pay
- Setting up payroll deductions
- How to account for Fringe Benefits on the W-2
- Start the New Year by Tuning up your Payroll
Important Year-End Items to Remember
Here are a few key year-end items to remember:
- Make sure you order or purchase the correct W-2/1099 forms.
- We recommend completing a pre run of your W-2’s in early December to make sure you have the correct forms and reconcile payroll information verifying that W-2’s are correct.
- It is critical to back up data. When completing back ups at the end of the year, back up after the last payroll and save. Also, back up before closing the payroll year and restore this back (archive) to a new id such as PR2017.
If you have year-end questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 260-423-2414.