You’re in the middle of a big check run or entering invoices, or reconciling the bank, or…. The list can go on and on. Something happens, and you cannot proceed.
You need help, and you kind of need it NOW.
In order to provide you with quick Sage BusinessWorks support, please think about the following:
Locate the Software Version
First, let us know what version of software you are currently running. The Version tells us what “year”, and the “SP” number tells us what Service Pack.
If you’re not sure, you can go to the Help menu at the top of BusinessWorks and choose “About”.
Describe Your Support Issue
Be specific when describing the issue at hand:
- “I can’t get logged in
- Are you getting an error message?
- Are you entering the correct User Name and Password?
- Is your computer able to access other network resources?
- “I can’t print” – This can be an incredibly frustrating issue. To help us best help you, tell us what you’re trying to print and what is (or isn’t) happening. so we can quickly diagnose the issue.
- Are you printing checks, invoices, maybe a report?
- What kind of printer are you using?
- Are you getting an error message from the software? If so, what’s the message?
- Is the software just “hanging” (i.e. not doing anything?)
- Can you print from non-BusinessWorks applications to that same printer?
- “My Inventory Valuation isn’t right” – What do you mean by “not right?”
- What costing method are you using?
- When did you last have an accurate physical count?
- Are individual item costs accurate?
- Does the Inventory Valuation match the General Ledger?
Have there been manual journal entries to Inventory Asset accounts that do not have supporting Inventory Transactions?
We’re here to provide you with a timely, informative resolution to your BusinessWorks issues. Providing us with a detailed description of the problem you’re experiencing helps us help you as quickly as possible.
Register for our Sage BusinessWorks newsletter today!