What is Interactive Custom Report Writer?
The Sage Intacct Interactive Custom Report Writer (ICRW) is a modern, visual reporting tool that offers a whole new approach to financial and operational reporting. Get the insights needed to streamline day-to-day tasks, rapidly respond to internal and external customers, and manage operational performance.
Let’s take a closer look at some key features in this relatively new functionality to help new Sage Intacct users start building custom reports in no time.
Key Features of Interactive Custom Report Writer
Sage Intacct Interactive Custom Report Writer (ICRW) takes a whole new approach to custom reports with this modern and powerful report writer that enables you to create even the most complex reports.
Key features include:
- Drag-and-drop capability
- Live, dynamic report preview as you build
- Real-time data visibility for up-to-the-minute reporting
- No technical skills required to easily create custom reports
- Powerful formula engine with if/then functionality
- Quickly create pivot tables from your report data
- Highlight important sections of data with conditional formatting logic
- Easily copy and modify existing reports to save time
Click here to view the Sage Intacct Interactive Custom Report Writer Datasheet.
The Total Package: Looks AND Brains
Sure, the Sage Intacct ICRW makes it easy to create visually stunning reports with a modern look and feel. But more than just a pretty face, the report writer also provides a high degree of control and flexibility for the user.
You can drill, pivot, filter, sort, prompt, and expand reports to answer specific business questions and “get your hands dirty” in the supporting data if you need to. But it doesn’t stop there … calculated columns with date, calendar, and math functions let you build in detailed analysis. Conditional logic, if/then statements, rolling sums, and aggregations provide intelligence within the report. You can even reorganize and summarize columns and rows with pivot tables.
For existing Sage Intacct customers, Interactive Custom Report Writer is a module that you can easily add. Check with your Sage Intacct Partner for pricing and licensing options.
You can access ICRW either from the Reports Center or from the Reports menu. To create and edit interactive custom reports, go to Reports > All > Operational Reports > Interactive custom reports to open the list of existing reports or to create a new report.
You can also set permissions to ensure that users who aren’t authorized for certain reports won’t get access or see it in the custom report list.
To set or modify permissions:
- Select Reports Module > All tab > Interactive Custom Reports
- Select the Advanced Settings option on the report you wish to update
- Change the Group or User drop down to say User
- Add the specific user you would like to have access to the report
- Change the Access Rights column from Allow to Deny for the Group/Everyone
Register for our Sage Intacct newsletter today!
©2022 Juice Marketing, LLC. All rights reserved. This article content may not be reproduced (in whole or in part), displayed, modified, or distributed without express permission from the copyright holder. For permission, contact http://www.juice-marketing.com.