What you need to know about PCI compliance.
Today nearly all businesses accept credit and debit cards as a form of payment. To protect your customers’ sensitive data, the payment card industry has recently developed a set of standards known as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, or simply PCI-DSS.
As a merchant, you must be compliant with the new PCI-DSS requirements or risk losing your ability to process debit and credit card transactions. Let’s take a closer look.
Becoming PCI-DSS Compliant
Developed & enforced by the 5 major credit card networks including Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, and Discover, PCI-DSS requirements apply to all businesses that store, process, and transmit cardholder data. There are 12 requirements that fall into 6 categories as follows:
- Build and maintain a secure network – includes firewalls and passwords
- Protect cardholder data – data encryption and storage procedures
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program – Anti-virus and operating system security
- Access Control Measures – covers both electronic and physical access and handling of sensitive data
- Monitoring and Testing Networks – schedule regular tests of security measures
- Information Security Policy – formalized security policy that’s updated and distributed regularly
There is a wealth of information and resources online to help ensure that you are compliant with the new PCI-DSS requirements. In fact, Sage has developed a dedicated website for Sage 100 customers at:
You’ll also find complete details on the official PCI Security Standard website at www.PciSecurityStandards.org.
The Lighter Side of PCI-DSS
Contact Us and we’ll email you a FREE copy of the e-book “PCI Compliance for Dummies.”
This comprehensive e-book explains how to comply with PCI-DSS requirements, presented in plain English and in a light-hearted fashion.
Please be sure to contact us if you have specific questions about PCI-DSS compliance and your Sage 100 system.
©2017 Juice Marketing, LLC. All rights reserved. This article content may not be reproduced (in whole or in part), displayed, modified or distributed without express permission from the copyright holder. For permission, contact http://www.juice-marketing.com.