Tips to help you close out the year smoothly.
Now is the time to make sure you have everything prepared for the new year. As a BusinessWorks Partner, we’d like to provide you with a variety of BusinessWorks processing resources to help you experience a smooth year-end.
BusinessWorks Year-End Tips Guide
In this BusinessWorks Year-End Tip Guide, you will find information that is packed with helpful year-end processing tips.
BusinessWorks Year-End Assistance Center
The BusinessWorks Year-end Assistance Center which is located on Sage City is also filled with helpful year-end processing tips including:
- How to complete payroll year-end processing
- How to process vendor 1099 and 1096 annual summary forms
- W-2 reporting and other W-2 related questions
- How to create a copy/archive a company before closing the year
- Affordable Care Act resources
- How and when to install Tax Table updates
- What are the Aatrix eFiling deadlines
BusinessWorks Payroll Year-End Tutorials
Sage Software is offering FREE BusinessWorks Payroll Year-End Tutorial videos including:
- How to install Enhanced Tax Reporting
- Processing and Correcting W-2 Forms in Enhanced Tax Reporting
- How 941 and 941 Schedule B figures are calculated
- Processing Third Party Sick Pay
- Processing bonus checks
- Setting up payroll deductions
- How to account for Fringe Benefits on the W-2
- Start the New Year by Tuning up your Payroll
Important Year-End Items to Remember
Here are a few key year-end items to remember:
- Make sure you order or purchase the correct W-2/1099 forms.
- We recommend completing a pre run of your W-2’s in early December to make sure you have the correct forms and reconcile payroll information verifying that W-2’s are correct.
- It is critical to back up data. When completing back ups at the end of the year, back up after the last payroll and save. Also, back up before closing the payroll year and restore this back (archive) to a new id such as PR2018.
After Year-End Processing is Complete
The BusinessWorks Year-end Assistance Center located on Sage City is also filled with helpful tips for after year-end processing.
- How to change my SDI or SUI limits
- How to download and install service packs
- What happens if the tax table updates has been installed too early?
If you have year-end questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or at 260-423-2414.