No matter the size of your company, managing IT services without help from professionals can be overwhelming. Making sure IT equipment is secure, up to date and running properly isn’t just a full-time job — it’s an ever-evolving set of tasks that must be completed by trained, experienced professionals.
That’s why businesses are increasingly choosing to employ managed IT services to handle their IT needs.
Why Are Companies Choosing MSP Support?
Managed service provider (MSP) support, can be a cost-effective way to handle a company’s IT needs. From routine proactive maintenance to 24/7 monitoring of issues such as disk usage, firewall logs, backup status, and local and remote network utilization, information technology support help take care of the common tech issues most organizations face.
Here are some of the top reasons organizations adopt MSP services:
1. Why Cyber Security is Important
Keeping data secure isn’t just good business practice — it’s also the law. Legal regulations like PCI, GDPR, and HIPAA can impose strict penalties on organizations that grant improper access to private user information. Threats like malware, ransomware and phishing schemes are continually evolving, which complicates the cat-and-mouse game of keeping bad actors out of your systems. Custom network managed services mitigate these risks by offering 24/7 monitoring and performing proactive maintenance to ensure security updates are addressed as soon as possible.
2. Facing Software Issues Consistently
Nothing kills productivity like an endless string of pop-up windows reminding the user to update their software. Whether it’s an individual application, a security patch or an update of the operating system, users are often forced to put their work on hold to wait for their software to install — or, worse, they may ignore updates altogether, leaving your systems vulnerable. Proactive network maintenance through IT management services can remove these frustrations by applying patches and updates for you.
3. Tech Issues Negatively Affect Your Clients
Bad software, malfunctioning hardware or inaccurate data aren’t just frustrating for your users — they’re frustrating for your customers. If you keep clients waiting for an answer because your technology isn’t cooperating, you’ll encounter extreme dissatisfaction or even lose a client altogether. Utilizing support services keeps your customers happy by keeping your users happy.
4. Businesses Need Dedicated IT Support
Many businesses rely on a self-proclaimed IT “pro” to set up, install or troubleshoot all things tech. But whether you recruit an experienced IT user or simply a tech enthusiast, they’re still not a dedicated IT professional trained to handle any circumstance. Enlist IT services to provide dedicated technology specialist staff and let the hobbyists and tinkerers focus on their main responsibilities.
5. Old Tech Equipment Poses Risks
Technology changes so quickly that organizations inevitably end up with a collection of outdated tech equipment such as laptops, servers, and peripherals that were once considered state-of-the-art. Keeping outdated equipment in use isn’t just sub-optimal — it’s risky. Antiquated or obsolete machines pose risks for data loss, security and lost productivity. An IT service provider can help find solutions that keep your tech stack in the 21st century.
What Are the Benefits of Outsourced IT Services?
Outsourced IT services (IT managed services) can provide customized solutions for businesses of any size. Not only do outsourced IT support services offer peace of mind, but they can also help your organization stay nimble, on budget and on schedule.
Consider the following benefits of managed IT service providers:
- Predictable costs: Choosing a custom network managed service that fits your needs also means choosing services that fit your budget. Minimize the unforeseen hardware, software or maintenance costs — managed IT services offer predictable costs that you can anticipate and budget for throughout the year.
- Flexibility: Hiring outsourced IT support for a one-time or temporary IT project like opening a new office or moving to a new location can leave the work to a team of dedicated professionals — without having to hire additional full-time team members.
- Expertise: Managed technology services offer access to an entire team of tech support professionals with different specialties so you don’t have to rely on an internal technology specialist who may have a limited scope of expertise.
- Energy, time and money savings: MSP support provides your organization with a dedicated team of IT professionals. By taking advantage of proactive IT measures, you won’t need to waste valuable resources trying to track down the right person to solve your technology problems.
- 24/7 monitoring: Around-the-clock monitoring means that before you’re even aware of an issue, the MSP support team has already been alerted and taken time to address it. Managed service providers keep a close eye on your technology so you don’t have to.
DWD Technology Group offers a complete range of IT support solutions, including 24/7 monitoring. Contact us today for a free consultation.