Tips for a smooth migration from MIP to Sage Intacct.
Making a big change in your accounting software can feel more than a little disruptive. The workflow changes and your team has to learn a whole new system. It can be a hassle even knowing where to begin. But don’t let that hold you back! The switch from MIP Fund Accounting to Sage Intacct isn’t as hard as it may seem.
Many nonprofits stick with MIP Fund Accounting because they think that making the move to something different is too complicated or demanding for a small, nonprofit team. It’s okay if you feel the same, but this might surprise you: switching is way simpler than you think.
Sage Intacct is a best-in-class cloud accounting solution that helps nonprofits deliver on their mission while setting you up for more efficient and user-friendly financials. As you get familiar with the features within Sage Intacct, you’ll find that it’s much easier to handle your organization’s finances. It stands out as a smart choice — especially if you’re outgrowing MIP Fund Accounting. Sage Intacct offers advanced accounting and reporting, time-saving automation, and very relevant integrations.
But we want to do more than tell you, so we’re walking you through how easy the process really is. Keep reading to find out more…
Making The Switch Isn’t a Time-Consuming Nightmare and We Can Attest to That!
A lengthy and painstaking data migration is truly just a myth. There seems to be a common belief that switching from MIP Fund Accounting to Sage Intacct is overly complicated in practice.
Well, that’s not exactly true. What if you could:
- Experience as little operational downtime as possible
- Minimize compliance errors and security risks
- Access easy-to-use features and intuitive interfaces
- Reduce time spent on manual tasks
- Refocus on strategic financial management
- Seamlessly integrate with your existing software
- Empower your team with tools to reignite their passion for your mission
When you have a solid migration plan in place (and a knowledgeable partner to help you!), the move to Sage Intacct is so much smoother than you might expect, with a much shorter timeframe to completion.
Here’s What The Migration Process Really Looks Like…
Moving from MIP Fund Accounting to Sage Intacct may vary from start to finish depending on what your nonprofit needs, but the following will give you a clearer picture of what to expect:
- Chart of Accounts and Dimension Design – A flexible, multi-dimensional format within Sage Intacct is created, tracking the most important elements like your funds, projects, grants, and programs.
- Evaluation and Data Migration – Your data is evaluated, cleaned up, and mapped out exactly where it will live within your new fund accounting platform.
- Set-up and Training – We will give a guided tour of your new workspace. Your team will have the chance to get familiar with the features that make work a lot more productive.
- Reporting – Custom reports and customizable dashboards give you quick, deep insights into the data that matters most. That way you can make smart choices based on what the numbers are actually telling you.
- Performance and Testing – After testing your new features and data scenarios, we make sure everything is running smoothly so you are ready to take over.
- Ready to Go Live! – The moment we all are waiting for. By now you’re all set to move forward with your usual day-to-day.
Our goal is to help you get all of your important data all in one place, without the headache of a long migration. It’s a big change, but a good one that keeps your nonprofit moving in the right direction. That way, you can get rich, detailed information on your programs and funding; one step closer to fulfilling your mission.
By partnering with DWD, you’ll have experts to guide you every step of the way, walking you through a surprisingly simple migration to Sage Intacct.
Things to Consider Before Jumping In
Although the process isn’t as complex as you may believe, that doesn’t necessarily make it any less overwhelming — we get that. So let us ease your mind. Take a look at these FAQs that nonprofits just like you are asking.
Will I lose data during the migration?
Not to worry. Data loss is a common concern, and while it’s always good to be prepared, it’s easily preventable. A thorough review of your data, backups, cleaning, and testing all take place so you aren’t impacted by a loss of key information.
Which modules will be fully migrated to Sage Intacct?
With the switch, you’ll gain advanced reporting, grant tracking, and intuitive integrations that are built to scale with you as you grow — often expanding on, or improving, the capabilities found in MIP. The modules that will carry over include:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Management
- Order Details
Is Sage Intacct right for my nonprofit?
The last thing you need is your accounting system holding you back. But how do you know if it is? Are you limited to just Sage Intacct or MIP Fund Accounting? The answer hinges on finding a tool that makes the most sense for your nonprofit’s unique needs.
Take a look at our comparison between Sage Intacct and MIP Fund Accounting to learn more about the differences between the two.
Simplify Your Switch with DWD Tech Group
As a Sage Software Certified Partner, we can help you understand the best choice for your nonprofit and whether it’s really time for a switch. Embracing change might be just what you need to continue fueling your mission with passion and purpose.
The right financial software is more than just a tool; it’s a catalyst for mission success. With a free Software Needs Assessment, we’ll start by diving deeper into whether MIP Fund Accounting or Sage Intacct is the right choice for you.