Thinking about replacing your Abila MIP software?
If you’re currently using MIP Fund Accounting and wondering if there’s something simpler but just as impactful out there? Good news. There is.
If you would benefit from better functionality and improved financial visibility, it might be time to move from MIP Fund Accounting to Sage Intacct, the leading financial management software for nonprofit organizations.
Let’s walk through why making the switch has so many benefits to help you grow and track funding, build influence, and fulfill your mission.
Time for a Change? Step Up Your Nonprofit Accounting
It probably comes as no surprise to you that many nonprofit organizations reach a point when they realize their current systems can’t keep up. The need for clearer financial insight as they grow, drives many nonprofits to explore new, emerging technologies – like Sage Intacct.
This alternative to MIP Fund Accounting is designed to make your financial processes smoother, bringing clarity and efficiency to your financial and organizational management.
We want to point out that this isn’t just a bold claim; the numbers speak for themselves. Organizations that switch to Sage Intacct from MIP Fund Accounting have reported an average 250% return on investment and a remarkable 65% improvement in productivity. That huge difference frees up your time for more strategic financial planning.
Empower Your Accounting Team with Increased Fund Visibility
One of the biggest reasons many move away from MIP Fund Accounting is the access to better visibility of your nonprofit funds. This gives your team a clearer understanding of your financial health and day-to-day operations, all in a single, easy-to-use platform.
Here are some ways Sage Intacct empowers nonprofit accounting teams (just like yours!) who have made the switch:
- Streamline Fund Management: Sage Intacct simplifies managing and tracking information about funds, grants, and programs. With customizable dashboards and reporting views, your team can set up smart workflows that keep your mission on track and highlight the info you really need to see.
- Enhance Transparency and Accountability: Transparency and accountability should be integral to your nonprofit accounting. The reporting tools within Sage Intacct give a clear picture of what’s going on with your finances, which helps build trust and confidence among donors, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Inform Decisions in Real Time: The continued reliance on spreadsheets can slow down important decisions, and create all-too-familiar headaches with bulky import processes. Real-time reporting, an intuitive interface, and streamlined data entry mean your team can act on up-to-the-minute information from anywhere.
- Better Mission Alignment: Every dollar makes a difference! With better insights, you can align your financial goals with your mission. That means smarter, strategic planning, and making sure that every dollar contributes to the success of your programs.
Leverage Powerful Automation with Multi-Entity Capabilities and Multi-Dimensional Architecture
Handling fund accounting across multiple parts of your organization can be tricky, which is why you need something that’s both flexible and precise. With better automation, multi-entity capabilities, and a multi-dimensional software setup, you’ll be well on your way to reaching your goals with a comprehensive solution.
By leveraging intuitive automation in your nonprofit financials, you’ll see improvements with:
- Simplified account structure
- Robust dimensions and one-click consolidations
- Granular level of accuracy and reporting
- Eliminated information silos
- Global financial support
- Multi-entity and multi-level capabilities
View brief 5-minute overview demo of Sage Intacct for Nonprofits.
Uncover More Strategic Opportunities with Improved Accuracy, Flexibility, and Productivity
Empower your accounting team to do more with less, setting them up for a strategic role in your organization. Through automation and enhanced financial controls offered by modern tools, you can remove the more mundane tasks, allowing your team to focus on what they do best.
Remind them why they joined this profession in the first place! We know it wasn’t because they wanted to spend hours — maybe even weekends — doing repetitive tasks. Let them show their expertise and passion for your mission.
By cutting down the time spent on everyday tasks, your team can redirect their talents towards more strategic initiatives that actually move your organization forward.
Sage Intacct: The Preferred Solution Built on Modern Cloud Technology
Sage Intacct brings even more functionality to the table. You can go beyond financials with a modern cloud-based platform built to scale with your organization. This innately integrated platform easily connects data across your organization and includes built-in tools to help you grow.
MIP Fund Accounting, on the other hand, came from a native on-premise system that has been pieced together over the years to give us the cloud capabilities we have today. Although making major strides in core financials and data access, we still see less flexible reporting, more complex user interfaces, expensive integrations, and slower adaptation to changing financial regulations.
Making the switch to a new solution could be just what you need to start seeing more growth and mission success.
Further Your Mission with the Right Solution
Upgrading your software isn’t simply about choosing Sage Intacct over MIP Fund Accounting. It’s more important that you invest in the right solution (—and one that makes sense) for your nonprofit.
That’s where we come in.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution, and the experts at DWD can help you find the software that fits your nonprofit. With a free Software Needs Assessment, we will help you dive deeper into the difference between Sage Intacct and MIP Fund Accounting to find the best solution for your unique needs.