Year-end is rapidly approaching and now is the time to make sure you have everything prepared.
Like many of you, I found myself hanging Christmas decorations this past weekend and wondering where this past year could possibly have gone. And if the holiday season wasn’t busy enough already, this is also the time many companies begin planning for year-end. With that in mind, we’d like to provide you with a variety of BusinessWorks year-end processing resources.
BusinessWorks Year-end Tips Guide
The BusinessWorks year-end tips guide is packed full of helpful year end processing tips.
Free Year-end Training Provided by Sage Software
Sage Software will be offering free End of Year training sessions twice a week through the end of December. The free year-end training sessions include:
- How to install enhanced tax reporting
- Setting up fringe benefits
- How to process W-2’s in enhanced tax reporting
- Payroll year-end processing
You can find and register for these courses on Sage University.
Important Year-end Items to Remember
Be sure to remember these key year-end items:
- Make sure you order or purchase the correct W-2/1099 forms.
- We recommend you complete a pre run of your W-2’s in early December to make sure you have the correct forms and reconcile payroll information verifying that W-2’s are correct.
- It is critical to back up your data. When completing back ups at the end of the year, back up after the last payroll and save. Also, back up before closing the payroll year and restore this back up (archive) to a new id such as PR2013.
If you have year-end questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 260-423-2414.