During this recorded webinar, we will cover some of the most common mistakes made in the Sage 100 Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Inventory modules.
- Adjust an AP Invoice – Have you ever needed to correct an error on an AP invoice that has already been posted? Or received a credit memo from your vendor and needed to change the amount of the invoice balance?
- Reverse an AP Check – Many things can happen that prompt the need to reverse an AP check, including accidentally writing a check to the wrong vendor, writing a check for the wrong amount or having the check misplaced or lost.
- Apply AP Credits – There are times that you might have received a credit from a vendor but did not apply it to a specific invoice. Now that you have an invoice, you would like to take the credit, but don’t need to write a check. Using Manual Check and Electronic Payment Entry, you can offset an invoice with an open credit.
- Apply AR Credits – It’s possible that you issue a credit to a customer, but they have no open invoices against which to apply the credit. Or the customer has a number of open invoices, and you want to apply a credit to all of them at once. See how open credits can be applied to existing invoices.
- Write-off Bad Debt – Your customer has gone out of business or is refusing to pay an invoice. See ways to close those unpaid invoices
- Correcting Sales Tax – Have you ever incorrectly charged sales tax on an invoice where the customer should have been tax-exempt? Learn how to create an AR credit memo for sales tax only.
Purchasing and Inventory
- PO Receipt of Goods/Invoice corrections – Did you over- or under-receive lines on a PO? Are these POs still stuck in your Purchases Clearing Report? Learn how to clean up these straggling transactions.
- Inventory Cost Corrections – Did inventory get received at an incorrect value? Was your cost, based on different Units of Measure, setup wrong, and you need to fix your valuation? Learn to correct wrong costs.