IMPORTING DATA INTO ABILA MIP FUND ACCOUNTING
Bringing data electronically into your accounting system can save valuable time, as well as help assure accuracy of the information itself. This process typically falls into one of two categories.
- Data Imports – one-time information being transferred from your existing accounting system or an electronic worksheet.
- Data Interface – recurring information imported into Abila MIP Fund Accounting™ from another software program.
DWD has specialists that are available to help with either type of service.
When setting up a new Abila MIP™ database or adding additional modules to an existing one, many of our clients choose to import information rather than re-key it. Examples include –
- Vendors & Customers – ID #’s, names, account #’s, addresses, phone numbers, terms, 1099 information, etc.
- Transaction History – prior year(s) information (actual and/or budget) in either summary or detail, thus allowing comparative financials to be run immediately from the new software.
- Payroll Data – ID #’s, names, addresses, SSN’s, pay rates, benefit codes, deduction codes, leave codes, tax information, etc.
- Fixed Assets – tag numbers, descriptions, locations, acquisition costs, useful lives, depreciation methods, accumulated depreciation balances, warranty information, replacement costs, etc.
- Chart of Accounts – general ledger codes, programs, grants, locations, departments, reporting units, projects, etc.
As can be seen from the following information, the above list is certainly not all-inclusive.
|Cash Disbursements||Asset Type|
|Journal Vouchers||Acquisition, Location, Responsibility & Valuation Codes|
|A/P Invoices||Depreciation Codes|
|A/P Credit Memos||Custom Depreciation Codes|
|A/P Manual Checks||Payroll|
|A/R Bills||Distribution Codes|
|A/R Credit Memos||Processing Group Codes|
|A/R Receipts||Earnings Codes|
|Encumbrance Liquidations||Deduction Codes|
|General Ledger||Workers’ Comp Codes|
|Chart of Accounts||Leave Codes|
|Account Assignments||State Tax Codes|
|Closing Accounts||Local Tax Codes|
|Offset Account Assignment||Employee Information|
|Check Spoilage||Balance Adjustments|
|Accounts Payable||Purchase Order|
|Vendor Information||P.O. Item Codes|
|1099 Adjustments||Bill of Materials Content|
|Customer Information||Inventory Adjustments|
|Customer Ship Address Header||Order Entry|
|Accounts Receivable Billing||Sales Order Entry|
|One Time Charges Information||Exchange Rates|