IMPORTING DATA INTO MIP FUND ACCOUNTING
- Data Imports – one-time information being transferred from your existing accounting system or an electronic worksheet.
- Data Interface – recurring information imported into MIP Fund Accounting from another software program.
DWD has specialists that are available to help with either type of service.
When setting up a new MIP database or adding additional modules to an existing one, many of our clients choose to import information rather than re-key it. Examples include –
- Vendors & Customers – ID #’s, names, account #’s, addresses, phone numbers, terms, 1099 information, etc.
- Transaction History – prior year(s) information (actual and/or budget) in either summary or detail, thus allowing comparative financials to be run immediately from the new software.
- Payroll Data – ID #’s, names, addresses, SSN’s, pay rates, benefit codes, deduction codes, leave codes, tax information, etc.
- Fixed Assets – tag numbers, descriptions, locations, acquisition costs, useful lives, depreciation methods, accumulated depreciation balances, warranty information, replacement costs, etc.
- Chart of Accounts – general ledger codes, programs, grants, locations, departments, reporting units, projects, etc.
As can be seen from the following information, the above list is certainly not all-inclusive.
|Cash Disbursements||Asset Type|
|Journal Vouchers||Acquisition, Location, Responsibility & Valuation Codes|
|A/P Invoices||Depreciation Codes|
|A/P Credit Memos||Custom Depreciation Codes|
|A/P Manual Checks||Payroll|
|A/R Bills||Distribution Codes|
|A/R Credit Memos||Processing Group Codes|
|A/R Receipts||Earnings Codes|
|Encumbrance Liquidations||Deduction Codes|
|General Ledger||Workers’ Comp Codes|
|Chart of Accounts||Leave Codes|
|Account Assignments||State Tax Codes|
|Closing Accounts||Local Tax Codes|
|Offset Account Assignment||Employee Information|
|Check Spoilage||Balance Adjustments|
|Accounts Payable||Purchase Order|
|Vendor Information||P.O. Item Codes|
|1099 Adjustments||Bill of Materials Content|
|Customer Information||Inventory Adjustments|
|Customer Ship Address Header||Order Entry|
|Accounts Receivable Billing||Sales Order Entry|
|One Time Charges Information||Exchange Rates|