ERP Software for Manufacturers
The manufacturing industry is not the same as it was a decade ago. New technologies and a changing economy have led manufacturers to look to reduce costs and streamline business processes just to remain competitive.
Manufacturers often find their entry-level software simply can’t handle their manufacturing processes and is costing money in inefficiencies. At some point, they push their entry-level software to the limit and find they need a system that will begin automating plant floor operations and other manual business processes.
Light Manufacturing/Assembly – Make to Stock – Make to Order
No two manufacturers are alike even if they make the same product, however there are commonalities between manufacturers in the way they manage the manufacturing process.
Common problems manufacturers experience as they grow:
- Your shop floor is bogged down with manual processes – manual processes can be error prone and time-consuming. As you experience growth, the need for automated processes such as bar code scanning for labor, work centers, raw materials and finished good completion becomes a necessity to improve production efficiency.
- You’re not able to track labor costs – labor is a significant expenditure for manufacturers and if you’re not able to capture and apply it properly, you can’t determine true job costs.
- You don’t have the right raw materials for orders, causing production & delivery delays – you need a better way to plan and track material, demand and production to ensure components and raw materials are on hand when needed.
- You’re not able to analyze production costs accurately – you know you’re losing money and need to reduce your production costs, but you’re unable to accurately track material, labor, overhead and other costs.
- You’re wasting time entering the same data in multiple systems – Entering manufacturing, scheduling and inventory information multiple times costs valuable time and open up room for errors.
- Lack of timely and accurate reporting, delays business decisions – as your business has grown, information is stored in multiple systems that don’t speak to one another. Materials and inventory are separate from production and scheduling, and neither integrate with accounting, sales or operations.
It’s important to understand that basic accounting software was not designed for the processes of manufacturers. If you’re duct taping a collection of spreadsheets used to manage the shop floor – there’s a better way.
Integrated manufacturing ERP software offers the following:
- Automate and streamline processes – ERP software automates processes across your entire business cross-departmentally, providing accurate, real-time information to every department utilizing the system.
- Connect multiple systems and databases – with integrated of business systems, you can proactively manage operations, prevent disruptions and delays and make decisions more quickly.
- Product Costing – fully functional product costing and detailed bill of materials that track the components and miscellaneous charges that make up your finished items and assemblies.
- Material Planning – ensure you have sufficient material on hand at all times. It simplifies, work processes, eliminates purchasing and scheduling problems, and allows purchasing and production managers to plan with insight.
- Job Tracking – allows you to track the progress of your jobs and deliver on-time, every time.
- Work Order – with the ability to issues work orders, develop schedules, and track costs, you’re able to maintain complete control over your jobs and the entire manufacturing process.
DWD offers ERP software solutions for light manufacturing, make to stock, and make to order manufacturers to help you manage your business and stay a step ahead of your competition.
Acumatica Cloud ERP – Manufacturing Management Suite
Whether you’re a make-to-stock, make-to-order, engineer-to-order, project centric, job shop, batch or repetitive manufacturer, Acumatica’s manufacturing suite coordinates labor, machines, and inventory to optimize your company’s processes. Acumatica’s manufacturing suite features include estimating, advanced planning and scheduling, material requirements planning, bill of materials/routing, project manufacturing and production management.
Three powerful Sage 100 manufacturing software modules, Production Management, Bill of Materials, Work Order Processing, and Material Requirements Planning, provide detailed and accurate tracking and reporting throughout the entire manufacturing process. Sage 100 manufacturing capabilities are unrivaled among mid-market Sage software products.